The Olde Pink House is located in the Savannah downtown historic district at 23 Abercorn Street just South of East Bay Street, and overlooks Oglethorpe Square from the Western side.
Originally, when built in 1789, the Pink House was referred to as the Habersham House, after its owner, James Habersham, Jr., another of the many successful cotton dealers in Savannah. Mr. Habersham was a weathly and therefore powerful person in Savannah. He lived in the house until his death in 1799. Fortunately, the Pink House survived the Savannah fire of 1796 that destroyed 229 buildings in the city.