Haunted Spots Tour B Twilight by Tour Guide March 10, 2019
The Lucas Theatre was built in Italian Renaissance style in 1921 and is located at 32 Abercorn Street in Savannah. The original owner was Arthur Lucas. The building is situated at the corner of Abercorn and Congress Streets, and overlooks Reynolds Square on the southeast corner. It is somewhat kittycorner across the square from the Ole Pink House.
In 1976, due to many financial and social issues, the Lucas closed like many other theaters across the country. After the invention of the home video players, people preferred to watch movies at home rather than bear the expensive cost of the theatre admission. Interestingly, the final movie to be shown was "The Exorcist."